In the middle of the summer, with temperatures soaring in so many places, to the point of serious danger to health and well-being, we hear over and over: “Stay hydrated.” The message is actually important all year.
Avoiding dehydration and heat stroke during the hottest time of year is crucial; water is beneficial all year around for a variety of reasons. It is the original health drink!
Here are Six Facts and Tips:
1) The recommendation is still 6-8 (or more) 8 ounce glasses of water daily.
2) If you have an aversion to plain water, add a slice or juice of lemon, lime or other fruit to give it some flavor.
3) Lemon water can help to cleanse toxins out of your body. It can improve enzyme function and help to clean out your liver as well.
4) Water helps keep your temperature normal.
5) Water helps lubricate and cushion joints, as well as protects your spinal cord and other sensitive tissues.
6) You can get some fluids through the foods that you eat. For example, broth soups and foods with high water content such as celery, tomatoes, or melons can contribute to fluid intake.
Taking water with you helps you get the amount you need. To save money on bottled water and be sure you have good quality water, have water bottles for each member of the family, as well as pitchers with filters :