It is the middle of the summer. The temperatures soaring in so many places, to the point of serious danger to health and well-being. We hear over and over: “Stay hydrated.”
In addition to avoiding dehydration and heat stroke at this time of year, water is beneficial all year around for a variety of reasons. Water is important for your health.
Here are Six Facts and Tips:
1) The recommendation is still 6-8 (or more) 8 ounce glasses of water daily.
2) If you have an aversion to plain water, add a slice or juice of lemon, lime or other fruit to give it some flavor.
3) Lemon water can help to cleanse toxins out of your body. It can improve enzyme function and help to clean out your liver as well.
4) Water helps keep your temperature normal.
5) Water helps lubricate and cushion joints, as well as protects your spinal cord and other sensitive tissues.
6) You can get some fluids through the foods that you eat. For example, broth soups and foods with high water content such as celery, tomatoes, or melons can contribute to fluid intake.
To save money on bottled water and be sure you have good quality water, water bottles with filters like these allow you to take your important water with you everywhere: